This page is considered an official policy on the Shameless Wiki.
It has wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that everyone should follow.
Policies and guidelines have been developed on Shameless Wiki to further our goal of creating a freely editable Shameless database.
Policies have community consensus and apply to all editors. Shameless Wiki strives to create a welcoming and fun environment for those who are civil to and assume good faith in others, seek consensus in discussions, and work toward the goal of creating an increasingly comprehensive database about everything in the Shameless universe.
Policies need to be approached with common sense; adhere to the spirit rather than the letter of the rules, and be prepared to ignore the rules on the rare occasions when they conflict with the goal of improving the wiki.
Generally, Shameless Wiki policies come from one of two sources:
- From a standard or good practice that has been followed subconsciously for some time because it is common sense and has become an established precedent.
- From a deliberate proposal by a user or a group of users. Unsure where to make such a suggestion? Contact an administrator.
Most of the policies that fall under the first category are derived from similar practices on other wikis. Polices are changed and/or introduced as needed by the community.
- Age restrictions. Members must be 13 or older or even 16 or older when you reside in California and the EEA (excluding the UK).
- Do not abuse, harass, threaten, or intimidate other users.
- Do not spam, post advertisements, or post solicitations of business.
- Do not post any inappropriate content including content that is obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law. This includes content that contains homophobia, transphobia, ethnic slurs, religious intolerance, or encourages criminal conduct.
- Do not vandalize pages.
- Do not circumvent bans.