Frank learns that a billionaire philanthropist has bought the homeless shelter and he and his clan can stay. Meanwhile, Fiona gets smart financial advice from a Tinder hookup as Ian struggles with his feelings for Trevor.
Through her new-found "independence" and lack of appreciation from higher management of Patsy's, Fiona ponders on investing in a local laundromat. Ian confronts Fiona over her new "independence" and deals with his feelings towards Trevor. Frank succeeds in managing in getting his homeless shelter the attention he has been looking for.
Debbie's last resort is to go Frank and bribe him with changing his granddaughter's name back if helps and he tells her of earning money gets herself the attention of the Department of Child Services. The business "model" of Lip's new job inspires him to create his own profit. Kev, V, and Svetlana contemplate on adopting each of their children. A rejection from military school encourages Carl to research his heritage only to find out he is Native American and reapplies to the school.
- William H. Macy - Frank Gallagher
- Emmy Rossum - Fiona Gallagher
- Cameron Monaghan - Ian Gallagher
- Jeremy Allen White - Phillip Gallagher
- Ethan Cutkosky - Carl Gallagher
- Emma Kenney - Debbie Gallagher
- Shanola Hampton - Veronica Fisher
- Steve Howey - Kevin Ball
- Isidora Goreshter - Svetlana Yevgenivna
- Debbie changes her daughter's name back to Franny after Frank helps her.
- Carl is revealed to be half native American.
- Carl brings up Luther meeting Liam.