Monica's return wreaks havoc on the Gallagher clan, leaving the children determined to find out if Frank is their real father; Karen agrees to attend a purity ball with Eddie; Frank hits a new low when he uses Carl to stop a disability worker from tampering with his benefits.
Monica takes over as a caretaker for the kids and scrambles at the stress of doing so. Bob tells Frank they'll sign once he gets Fiona and the others on board with taking Liam, and he begrudgingly agrees. While Monica tries to take care of the kids, Fiona makes herself at home after moving in with Steve next door.
Later on, Bob and Monica take Liam to the DNA clinic while Lip and Ian watch them from afar. Lip asks Ian about his love life and he describes it as complicated, Lip questions it and Ian goes into full detail about Kash and Mickey, while Lip apologizes for his nosiness. They then follow their mother and her partner to their destination.
Bob and Monica are at the DNA clinic with Liam before they get the paternity test. Bob reads the test and is shocked when the results reveal that Frank is actually the biological father of Liam. A shocked Monica questions the results, since she recalls being with a bouncer and thought she got pregnant from that but realizes nothing happened. Bob soon tells her they aren't done and say they'll get Frank to sign away his parental rights in exchange for his settlement. After they leave, Ian and Lip decide to do a paternity test on themselves to see if they are not Frank's children.
Frank begins getting stalked by a disability worker, who is trying to prove that Frank is lying to the government about being disabled. When Carl hurts his arm in a biking accident, Frank schemes a plan in which the disability worker will accidentally hit Carl with his car. The plan is successful, and Frank uses Carl’s injury as blackmail against the disability worker. Later at the Alibi, Frank is visited by Fiona, Lip, Carl, and Debbie. Fiona tells Frank that Carl got his arm treated, while Frank tries to shoo them away since he was waiting for their mother but doesn't know where she is. Fiona tells him that Monica was getting a paternity test for Liam, as Lip informs Frank that he is Liam's biological father. Frank is obviously shocked to hear this though remembers his grandmother's rumored affair and realizes its true. He argues with his kids before Lip punches him, out of disgust while Fiona criticizes Frank on his behavior.
At the Jackson house, Karen prepares to attend the purity ball with Eddie. Karen and Eddie start to bond, which pleases Sheila. At the purity ball dance, the pastor instructs the girls, including Karen, to confess their sexual desires. As required by the pastor, Karen details her extensive sexual history in front of the group. Eddie is outraged and angrily calls Karen a whore. Upset, Karen returns home and immediately vandalizes Eddie’s room, crying, exclaiming “He made me think he loved me!” This implies that Karen was looking forward to reconciling their relationship. Karen finds comfort in Sheila, who holds Karen as she cries.
At the Gallagher House, the family are having dinner with Steve joining Fiona and Lip arriving late. Lip reveals envelopes and state that he and Ian did paternity tests on themselves after they came in. Lip reads Ian's test and congratulates him by revealing to all that Ian is not Frank's son, which surprises him, Monica, and Frank. Ian goes over the test and tells a confused Frank that while he is not his son, they are still related since he is possibly the child of one of Frank's brothers. Debbie is surprised her father has siblings while Fiona states he has three. A shocked Monica recalls doing PCP with one of Frank's siblings, as Frank is enraged that Monica cheated and got high with his brother, as they argue before he kisses her as Bob breaks it up. Fiona abruptly leaves, expressing to Monica: “If you love us, any of us in any way, you’ll leave Liam, take your girlfriend, get in your truck and never come back.”
Eddie returns home and gets confronted by Sheila, who orders him to leave for calling Karen a whore. She pushes Eddie out the door and kicks him out of the front yard; an astonished Frank, who has returned home, notices this. After Eddie drives away, Frank acknowledges that Sheila is outside. Surprised and overjoyed, Sheila proudly celebrates her accomplishment.
The Gallaghers are at Steve’s house watching Bob and Monica pack up, unsure if they are going to take Liam. They then see Bob, Monica, and Liam come outside. Monica turns and tearfully gives Liam to Fiona, showing that she can’t separate him from his siblings.
Frank tries to sign the settlement papers with a Korean lady posing as Monica. When the lady fails to correctly pronounce Monica's name, Frank gets kicked out by security.
- William H. Macy - Frank Gallagher
- Emmy Rossum - Fiona Gallagher
- Justin Chatwin - Steve Wilton / Jimmy Lishman
- Ethan Cutkosky - Carl Gallagher
- Shanola Hampton - Veronica Fisher
- Steve Howey - Kevin Ball
- Emma Kenney - Debbie Gallagher
- Cameron Monaghan - Ian Gallagher
- Jeremy Allen White - Phillip "Lip" Gallagher
- Laura Slade Wiggins - Karen Jackson
Special Guest Star
- Shanola Hampton - Veronica Fisher
- Steve Howey - Kevin Ball
- Noel Fisher - Mickey Milkovich
- Jane Levy - Mandy Milkovich
- Tyler Jacob Moore - Tony Markovich
- Joel Murray - Eddie Jackson
- Chloe Webb - Monica Gallagher
- Mo Gaffney - Christine Dowling
- Carlease Burke - Roberta
- Jerry Lambert - Randy Kulovitz
- Caitlin Kimball - Technician
- Michael Krawic - Elaine's Dad
- Guy Massey - Jasper
- Kendra McCulty - Elaine
- Michael Patrick McGill -Tommy
- Alexis Rutter - Patty
- Saachiko - Korean Lady
- Jeorge Watson - Mr. Tubbard
- Youlanda Davis - Goofy Attorney
- Joe DeBartolo - Neighbor/Grocery Shopper
- "Previously on Shameless" - Frank Gallagher
- Episode Runtime- 00:48:15
- It is confirmed Frank is Liam's biological father.
- Frank mentions his grandmother having an affair with a black musician, which may have skipped generations to Liam.
- This also means that Frank is a quarter black because of this affair.
- It is revealed that Ian is not Frank's son but the child of one of Frank's brothers, making him the half-brother and cousin of his siblings.
- Eddie and Karen nearly reconcile, but he ruins it by shaming his daughter.
- The first mention of Frank's grandmother Nana Gallagher.