Kassidi Gallagher was a recurring character introduced during the eighth season of Shameless as the love interest and later wife of Carl Gallagher, though their marriage is not legally binding. She appeared briefly in Season 9, but is presumed to have been killed by one of Carl's subordinates at military school.
Kassidi meets Carl when he takes her and others in. She points out that none of the families of the group he has taken in will give him money. Kassidi gives Carl the idea to send a ransom note to her wealthy father and makes him believe that way he can get his money. Her father, knowing full well it is a scam, gives Carl the money, hoping that she will come back home. Carl lets her go now that he has the money he needs, but she does not want to leave. Begging Carl to let her stay with him. She then gives him oral sex, and he allows her to stay.
They begin to fall in love and start dating, but Carl sees that she is obsessed with him.
Kassidi makes herself at home in the Gallagher house, giving Carl's relatives gifts, some of which they appreciated, but others are creeped out by. However, they take advantage of her wealth by allowing her to buy food for the house.
Carl prepares to return to military school which upsets Kassidi. He buys her a promise ring which she mistakes as Carl proposing to her. Carl does not want to upset her and thinks he does love her, so he impulsively decides to marry her. Kassidi wants to get married right away and Carl, who doesn't want to lose her, agrees.
Though they are underage, the couple falsifies documents to show that they are old enough to marry. Carl and Kassidi get married at the courthouse, but the marriage is not legally binding because of their age. They do not invite any of the other Gallaghers because they do not support the marriage.
In order to stop Carl from going to military school, Kassidi handcuffs him to his bed for a day, until he falls asleep. However, it is implied that Liam releases Carl while sleepwalking, and Carl escapes the house.
Carl boards the bus leaving for military school. Kassidi cries and yells at Carl, begging him to come back, which Carl ignores.
Kassidi has followed Carl to military school and set up a camp outside the fence of the school. Seeing that he was serious about school, she decides to support her husband in his endeavors. She dresses up as a cheerleader and begins cheering for him, to his embarrassment. Kassidi continues to show her clinginess by counting down the days until he is let out of school and confessing her love for him.
When complaining about this to his platoon, a cadet who had been causing problems for Carl decides to help. The cadet later tells Carl that he handled it and "the body won't be found," implying that he killed Kassidi. When Carl visits the camp she had set up, he sees no sign of Kassidi. Carl becomes worried while the cadet seemed pleased with himself on the act.
Later, while going through his phone, Kelly thought Carl recorded her having sex with him but it was really Kassidi. Carl stated she was his ex-girlfriend.
- Occupy Fiona
- Frank's Northern Southern Express
- The Fugees
- Church of Gay Jesus
- A Gallagher Pedicure
- She comes from a rich family.
- She is Carl's third girlfriend.
- Due to her erratic mood swings, temper tantrums, black-and-white thinking, fear of abandonment, self-destructive behavior, and chaotic relationships with others, it's likely she has some kind of mental illness such as Borderline Personality Disorder.
- It is unknown whether her family is aware of her disappearance.
- In Season 8, she stated she would die without Carl. In a bit of foreshadowing, she is implied to have died without Carl being around in Season 9,
- A deleted scene seems to have confirmed her death, in which the cadet is shown sneaking up on Kassidi who was reading, putting a bag on her head, dragging her seemingly lifeless body into a shallow grave, and starting to bury her.