Bradley Young or Brad is a motorcycle mechanic who has a fondness for knitting. He first appears at the end of season 7 as a potential Alcoholics Anonymous sponsor for Lip. For most of Season 8, he acts as confidante to Lip until he has a relapse from the stress of his newborn child. With Lip's help, Brad regains his old self reconciles with his fiancé who he marries in Season 9.
He appears as a potential Alcoholics Anonymous sponsor for Lip during Happily Ever After. Brad talks to Lip and tells him to give the meetings a chance since they might help. The latter treats Brad to lunch, and he talks more with Brad- revealing that this was a step for him to move in his sobriety. This causes Lip to decide to really apply himself at recovery.
He continues as Lip's mentor and gets Lip a job at the motorcycle garage where he works, which Lip successfully holds throughout the season. Brad becomes a father part-way through the season, but the stress of a new baby causes him to relapse. He attacks Lip and goes on a wild escapade of the city by vandalizing property, binge-eating donuts, and consorting with a strange woman.
Afterwards, Lip finds him still drunk, passed out on a staircase. Lip tries to get Brad to come with him willingly, but Brad continues to refuse help by hitting him. This causes Lip to lash out and punch Brad to get him to comply. This experience causes him breaks his formal relationship with Lip, but Lip finds him and talks him into getting sober.
Brad becomes himself again, and worries about his status with his family. Lip helps him reconcile with his fiancé and he continues to be involved in his life.
As of Are You There Shim? It's me, Ian, Brad marries Cami and tells Lip that he should ask the latter's sister, Tami Tamietti, out but the girl rebuffs him. He also has Lip help a recovering alcoholic man named Jason by being a sponsor, since he is already progressing with caring for Xan.
In Weirdo Gallagher Vortex, he implores Lip to give Xan to foster care and refuses to take part in his attempts to get her back.
During Are You There Shim? It's me, Ian, it is his son's christening and he invites Lip over. He is annoyed when Tami shows up late and when she insults Lip.
In BOOOOOOOOOOOONE!, Brad is preparing for a walk for breast cancer awareness. His father-in-law remarks that he could do better than last year, so Brad jokes to Cami about how he wants to drink with her family around. He watches Lip's sister have issues and Lip says that she's in a bad place. Later, he watches his sister-in-law, Cori, flirt with Lip and soon introduces Lip to Tami's ex-fiancé, Boon. Brad later tells Lip that he should be careful around his new competition.
During You'll Know Bottom When You Hit It, he is working at his shop with Lip and talks with him about Tami. He is surprised to learn that Tami is pregnant with Lip's child. He is even more stunned to see his wife and her other sister, Cori, confront Lip before ordering him out and he complies.
- He testifies at Clyde Youens' trial, but refuses to perjure himself as Lip had asked.
- He takes Clyde Youens place as Lip's father-figure after Youens' arrest and death.
- He was responsible for destroying the Michael Jordan statue of Chicago.
- He bought Lip a fidget spinner and he gave him a bike to fix to help with Lip's sobriety.
- He decided to get sober after he almost killed his girlfriend while he was drunk.
- The Tamietti Family refer to him as “no show Brad“ because he missed a family meeting.
- It is unknown whether his second child will be a son or daughter.
- "Being fat's better than drunk." - 
- "You aren't depressed. You're self obsessed."
- "Fixing a fellow human being is way better than fixing a bike. It's how we stay sober. By being of service."
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found